Leadership Skills are Critical in any work environment
If you work for yourself, you still want to learn and use these empowering Leadership qualities. Brian Tracy has been my mentor for years and his material is certainly worth listening to. We all make mistakes, one of the most important things is to think about solutions rather than focusing on the problem.
One of the most important things to learn in Leadership is the practice of Mindstorming.
- Think of any problem you currently have.
- Next, write it out on a piece of yellow legal paper.
- Once you have done this, you can go to a place where it is quiet. This is really important.
Be alone with your thoughts.
- Next, write out the numbers 1-20 on the left side.
- Look at your question again. Is it clear and concise? You want it super clear before you ask for solutions.
- Write out all the thoughts that come to you in 20 minutes – stay focused and don’t edit your answers
- You may be surprised at what is on your paper and your true solution may be in the 20th one!
Often we ask other people what they would do. Why? You have all the information right there in your head!
If you have the exact question written down you are ready to do the next step. Write down 20 possible solutions.
Yes 20!! You will be surprised at what ends up on the paper and in fact, very often your real solution will be on line number 19 or 20!! Have fun with this and let me know how you are doing.
Complain – Victim or Victor you always have a choice
Condemn – Demoralize and lower self esteem